At the beginning of the year, I posted goals that I made for my business for 2012. Since the year is winding down, I thought it would be good to revisit those goals to see which I have accomplished, and which ones I still need to work on for next year.
– launch new branding and website done! wooohooo!
– teach someone – hopefully I have but am going to make more of an effort to do this in the new year.
make new friends when we first got back to the states last November, the idea of starting over in Savannah and making all new friends seemed so daunting. But I have made several fabulous friends in the last year and I’m so thankful!
get published in a magazine I was published in the Celebrations issue of South earlier this year!
get published in 3 new wedding blogs A DIY project with Gray Harper Event Maker on the Knotty Bride, Tea Party wedding shoot on Emmaline Bride, Audrey & Quinton’s wedding on Emmaline Bride, Stephanie & Rhett’s wedding on The Lovely Find, Green and Glam on Green Wedding Shoes, A Gothic Romance on the Knotty Bride (squeeeeee!)
– book 10 weddings for 2012 – I only had 7 weddings for this year, but I have 7 already booked for next year so its looking better!
– reach 500 likes on facebook – currently at 442 likes – thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis close! help a gal out, go here, and click like!
– reach 400 followers on twitter -I have 271, I have a way to go.
– blog every other day – epic fail – but I have a new found resolution to do so thanks to my awesome new Braizen blog.
book a destination wedding shot a destination wedding in Mexico Beach, Florida this year and have two booked for next year – one in Puerto Rico and one at a winery in the Hudson Valley, woohoo!
– attend a photography workshop – I still really want to do this! Next year I’ll have to make this a priority!
– start photographing boudoir sessions – again, next year, think Valentine’s Day y’all.
use my photography for good – volunteer/charity/community service – donated portrait sessions to raise money for my local YMCA and CASA, an organization that helps children who have been taken from their homes, also photographed CASA’s Dancing with the Stars this year (can’t wait to show those!)
Looking back, I think 2012 was a very productive year. I feel like I am starting to see the fruits of my labor, the connections I’ve been making, etc. Next year should be awesome! I huge thank you to all who have been supporting my photography over the years – I wouldn’t be anywhere without you!