It’s that time of year again when we can all breath easily after the holiday rush and take some time to self reflect. I love going back to the goals I wrote a year ago to see what I accomplished. This year was amazing and I accomplished more than I ever even dreamt to, pretty rad right?! So, here we go!
– now that I’ve got some pretty kick ass branding, I really need to consistently carry it through across the board – this means incorporating it into my website,
materials and packaging – well I got my materials and packaging down pretty good but I DID NOT update my website, ho hum – that’s a goal for this slow winter! – join professional organizations such as PPA and WPPI – done! – photograph 10 – 12 weddings (so far I have 7 booked) – blew this one out of the water with 18 weddings! – add boudoir to my services – done! I had two incredible sessions last year and I have a few more dates on the books – check facebook for details! – be published on three new wedding blogs (ones I haven’t before been published on) – this year was full of features on new blogs! – Grey Likes Weddings, 100 Layer Cake, Occasions Magazine, Ruffled, Coastal Bride, I Love Farm Weddings, Oh It’s Perfect, Sweet Violet Bride – plan and photograph three styled wedding shoots – shoot a destination wedding – we shot one in Puerto Rico and one at the Brotherhood Winery in NY!
– blog regularly – this means at least 4 times a week – will I ever get there!?
– attend a photography workshop
– teach someone – the photography community has been so gracious with teaching me that I would love to pay it forward! – I know I befriended several new in town photographers this year which is super helpful (I know, I was in those shoes only 2 short years ago) but I don’t know if I really taught anyone anything
– donate my services to good causes – I photograph for CASA somewhat regularly, especially during their Dancing with the Stars, I photographed a fashion shoot for Femme Fatale Salon that promoted a fundraising event for the Humane Society and I registered to be a member of the Magic Hour Foundation – they assign photographers to people struggling with cancer so that they can have a free portrait session for themselves or with their family – have not yet had a session but excited to! – reach 700 likes on facebook
– be more active on Twitter and as a result reach 400 followers – haha AM SO NOT ACTIVE on twitter and now couldn’t care less – it’s all about Instagram now, duh! And on there, I am THIS CLOSE to 400 followers! Help a gal out!
– send hand written postcards to other wedding professionals in the southeast once per season – haha I did this ONCE last January and never followed through – am resolved to do it this year though, people like real mail!
– have professional pictures taken of myself, Martin and Kahlo – I need photos for my new website and blog!
– and above all, offer the BEST, most streamlined, most fun experience for my clients so that they come away raving happy! – I’m happy with my work this year and I love my relationships with all my clients!
There are things that happened this year that I didn’t even dream of – not only was I published in a magazine but I got the COVER of Savannah Magazine! I even started my own online magazine with French Knot Studios, called Let’s Play, Dear – we have two issues already! I shot three weddings in NY and one in Puerto Rico! It was just a fab fab year and I thank EVERYONE who supports me for making it that way!
Can’t wait to sit down and write out my dreams for 2014!