I’m not starting off well with my goal setting for the year. Its February and I’m just now making myself sit down to brainstorm. 2013 was a huge leap for my business and I freaking loved every minute of it. I have met some incredible couples and industry creatives that I am so lucky to now call friends = yay! Can’t wait to see what 2014 holds :)
I’ll start with some easy to think of goals:
– rebrand my website to match my blog – this one is HUGE as I have put it off an entire year – my goal is to have this done by the end of March at the latest!
– photograph 20-25 weddings – I currently have 15 booked so I think 20 should come naturally, let’s shoot for 25!
– find a smart & effective way to market my boudoir photography – would love to start doing these sessions more regularly!
– last year I had the goal of being published on NEW/MORE blogs, however, this year I want to focus on having a consistent presence on my favorites: Ruffled, Green Wedding Shoes, 100 Layer Cake, Grey Likes Weddings and the ones I would like to add are: Smitten, Style Me Pretty and The Lovely Find
– extend my reach to more of the Southeast – I’ve realized that 7 of my 18 weddings last year were in different cities, states and even countries and I LOVE THAT. I’d like to keep that up!
– to do that, I need to think of more creative ways to network and reach out to industry creatives in other cities
– blog regularly – this one is always here. I’m going to set the bar at something achievable – 2 times a week!
– attend a workshop/conference – I had my sights set on WPPI this year but unfortunately my scheduling didn’t work out. Am now thinking about the Alt Summit in New York over the summer? I also would love to attend Clayton Austin‘s workshop in Marfa, TX!
– use my photography for good – last year I signed up to be a member of the Magic Hour Foundation, an organization that matches photographers to people with cancer for a fabulous free photoshoot with their loved ones. Can’t wait to become more involved!
– reach 1500 followers on facebook
– reach 700 followers on instagram
– think of new ways to treat and spoil my clients throughout the year they spend with me (and beyond!)
– Let’s Play, Dear – we have lots of ideas and goals! Obviously we want to continue putting out issues – 4-5 per year. But we also big plans for workshops and a wedding show!
Like I said before, I can’t wait to accomplish all these goals that I’ve set for myself but I also am completely open to what 2014 may bring and am excited to see what may happen that I didn’t even anticipate! Here’s to an amazing year!
And because every post is better with pictures – Enjoy a collection of some favorite moments from 2013!